This is the question every potential patient should ask themselves.
Itʼs the main reason we have a website!
So why STAR?
It starts with the people.
Nobody can offer a staff thatʼs more qualified across the spectrum of orthopedic physical therapy. Nobody can offer a staff thatʼs more dedicated to your specific needs and to the development of a program just for you.
Our people offer the best services.
We feel that our integrated, manual approach to treating patients is more comprehensive than most – it understands the relationships between the neurological, respiratory, circulatory, muscular and vestibular systems. If it should be part of your therapy, we can provide it.
Weʼll work with you in a first class location.
STAR Physical Therapy’s original location in Southwest Austin encompasses 4,100 square feet of space in a modern,one-level, handicapped accessible building. It is an outpatient physical therapy clinic featuring private treatment rooms and state-of-the-art equipment, which is inspected regularly to comply with all Medicare guidelines.
STARʼs primary mission is the delivery of highly skilled and effective rehabilitative services.
Our practice style incorporates a personalized and personable approach to treatment. Therapy sessions include a combination of hands-on care and specialized and evidence-based activity programs that may include strengthening, postural restoration, balance training, and functional activity simulation. STAR’s staff strives to consistently provide exemplary customer service along with expert clinical care. We value every client and are proud that many of our patients return to STAR periodically as they seek to maintain optimal physical health and function.
Some of the qualities & service that are unique to STAR Physical Therapy include:
- Extensive one-on-one care
- State-of-the-art exercise equipment
- Personalized exercise prescription
- Highly skilled hands-on treatment
- Hand therapy & custom splinting
- Vestibular rehabilitation and training
- Pilates equipment
- Cold laser and ultrasound
- Cervical and lumbar traction
- Postural assessment and restoration
- Active Release Technique
- Custom foot orthotics design
Our therapists are highly experienced and have the following specialties:
- Manual therapy certification
- Fascial Distortion Model (FDM)
- Active Release Technique (ART)
- Hand therapy certification
- McKenzie Institute certification
- Postural Restoration Institute training
- Licensure in massage therapy
- Expertise in custom-made orthotics
At STAR Physical Therapy, we believe that perhaps the most important part of rehabilitative treatment is the acquisition of knowledge that can allow our patients to go on to maintain a lifetime of optimal health and physical function. We would like to be long-term partners with our clients and would be honored to have our patients consider us permanent members of a health care and wellness team.